Join us for a day of play and see how we make learning fun at the annual Austin Village Academy Mini Fair! Make your own peep, a miniature figure, and blast off for an outer space adventure! Visit a sustainable village on another planet and celebrate at the Peep Carnival where your peep can ride the Ferris Wheel or shop at the peep marketplace! Come and bid in the silent auction fund-raiser featuring prizes from local vendors and businesses! Food and drinks available. The festivities run from 11am till 2pm on Saturday, May 16 at the Austin Village Academy campus.
Join us for Hallowpalooza on Sunday October 26, 2014 from 12pm till 5pm at the Spider House Ballroom! Featuring live music from popular local bands, a silent auction, a cash bar for the adults, and various kids activities. Please invite all your friends, neighbors, ghosts, and ghouls for this hair-raising (and fund-raising) event!
Austin EcoSchool is proud to host a free intentional parenting workshop with Carrie Contey!
In this free 60 minute talk, Carrie will share the new science of cooperation through connection that will allow you to:
- Minimize meltdowns (your kids and your own)
- Know what to do when meltdowns occur
- Motivate your little ones with minimal effort for smoother transitions
- Understand, read and respond to your child’s brain state
- Take better care of yourself so you can parent with ease and intention
- Foster deep connection now, for great relationship later
- Be more intentional in family life for the short and long-haul
Find more about Carrie Contey, PhD. at http://carriecontey.com.